Tahun 2002, perusahaan periklanan Viral Factory membuat video “moontruth”, yaitu video lelucon yang menampilkan pengambilan video yang gagal saat proses “pemalsuan” video Apollo 11. Video menampilkan “Neil Armstrong” yang diperankan aktor tertimpa lampu studio.
Kaum Bumi datar dan pencetus teori konspirasi gagal menyadari bahwa video tersebut hanya video lelucon yang viral. Video tersebut tersebar di komunitas mereka seakan itu adalah “bukti” bahwa pendaratan di Bulan dipalsukan.
Dari situs web video tersebut:
We shot on original 1960’s Ikegami Tube Camera in Mount Pleasant Studios in London. The guy in the suit is an actor. The rest of the ‘cast’ were basically the crew, who thought the idea was very funny and wanted to be in it.
Dari halaman yang lain:
The clip is FAKED. It is not an out-take leaked from a NASA top secret reel. It was done in a studio, for fun, and to entertain webheads like us.
Yes, the clip is fake. It was shot in a studio in London in spring 2002. It was based on an idea by director Adam Stewart, who was a space exploration nut. He had read the conspiracy theory sites and decided he wanted to make a spoof based on the idea that the Apollo 11 moonlanding was faked.
Dari channel YouTube mereka:
A conspiracy theory viral that sparked 3,000 calls to NASA, most of them along the lines of “See – we knew the moonlanding was faked.” We made this as a joke, and it was written and directed by a guy called Adam Stewart who tragically died about 1 year later. He directed Headrush and Gift as well.
- Is This an Outtake from the Apollo 11 Moon Landing? – Snopes
- Is the “Moontruth” video an outtake from the fake TV broadcast? – Moon Hoax Debunked
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Footage Out-take – How Did We Do It? – Moon Truth
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Footage Out-take – The Full Story – Moon Truth
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Footage Out-take – Why Did We Do It? – Moon Truth
- Moontruth – Viral Factory